Friday, June 5, 2009

Drooling over the Eastside Millennium Art Fest - Part 1

I was totally blown away by all the talent at the Millennium Art Fest this year.
I noticed some tents up on my way to work this morning, and decided to investigate on my lunch break - and I definitely wish I had more than a hour to meander throughout the various exhibits.
If I'm going to start wishing though, I might as well wish for a thousand - hell - MILLION dollar shopping spree for me and my friends at the fest.
A girl can dream.


These earrings by Annmarie Siegel are made from pieces of disassembled pocked watches. Think of all the hidden meaning! And her work is not just for the ladies. I almost wish I was a guy just so I could wear the cuff links feature on her site. Worth a look!


Upgrade from your pet rock to your pet copper and stone sculpture. These cuties by Janet & Stacy have way more personality.


Look at all that color!! But these portraits by Cathee A. Clausen are so lifelike (unfortunately her web page appears to be under construction for now).
Indeed.


Notice the wide bracelet/band in this photo? THAT's what has my heart among these pieces. So hardcore. It's called a Lucky Band and is made by Andremi Designs . It's hand-tooled leather with wire inserts so you can bend and mold it as you please (perfect for my stubborn anorexic wrists). The various bands in this collection feature stones like serpentine, obsidian, sodalite, and aragonite.

Part 2 coming up later...!

No comments:

Post a Comment